In this week’s Gameday on Rocky Top Podcast, Will, Brad, and I chat about:
- What we learned from the Georgia Tech game that might translate into the rest of the season (1:00 mark);
- Our early objective assessment of Quinten Dormady, Tennessee’s passing game, and the target rates for pass catchers in the absence of Jauan Jennings (14:30);
- What, if anything, we learned about the defense that translates the rest of the year (27:50);
- Bob Shoop’s decision not to rotate defensive linemen (31:50);
- The linebacker situation going forward (33:30);
- The passivity/timidity of the defensive alignment and the defensive linemen against Georgia Tech (35:30);
- Getting the two best linebackers on the field (37:40);
- The impact of the game on our estimated win probabilities the rest of the way (40:00) (Referenced post: How do we feel about the Tennessee Vols the rest of the way?);
- Next week’s Gameday on Rocky Top Podcast for Florida week and the various flaws of the SEC East teams (48:30);
- Downfield blocking by Marquez Callaway and the rest of the receivers (51:30); and
- A better-paced out schedule in 2017, starting with Indiana State this week (52:50).
Have a listen below or by downloading from iTunes.