If you only read one thing about the Vols today . . .
. . . make it Grant Ramey’s article about Rick Barnes’ culture of consistency. Go read the whole thing, but here’s the money quote, from assistant coach Rob Lanier:
“I remember saying to my self, ‘Man, when I become a head coach, I want the people around me to feel the way he makes me feel in those situations.’”
Other Vols stuff worth reading
- Bubba gets better, Goober goes home: The impact of college football’s postseason practice bans
- Tennessee Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt outlines what he wants in his cornerbacks, via 247Sports. He needs his corners to be able to defend basketball players. Heh.
- How Pro Football Focus graded Keller Chryst at Stanford, via 247Sports. Bottom line: Guarantano’s grades are slightly better.
- Tennessee Vols QB Jarrett Guarantano expected to attend Manning Passing Academy, via 247Sports
- Be Part of the Tennessee Takeover in Charlotte on Sept. 1 – University of Tennessee, via UTSports. The Vols’ season-opener gets a snappy new brand name!
- NCAA transfer rules may take a big step forward with legislation up for review this week, via CBSSports. Expect to hear a lot more about college players transferring from one school to another.
Behind the paywalls
- Four-star CB Cameron Smith thinks ‘very highly’ of Vols after visit, via 247Sports
- Vols ‘definitely in the discussion’ for Georgia QB Zach Calzada, via 247Sports
- Tennessee visit, offer ‘exciting’ for four-star DE Darrion Henry, via 247Sports
- Vols impress Wake Forest RB commit Kendrell Flowers, via 247Sports