The general consensus on National Signing Day for the Vols is that although the day was a bit of a clunker, Tennessee still ended up with a good class, especially along the defensive line.
Here are the guys the Vols signed yesterday:
- 4-star elite linebacker JJ Peterson
- 4-star JUCO defensive tackle Emmit Gooden
- 3-star defensive end John Mincey
- 3-star safety Trevon Flowers
- 3-star wide receiver Cedric Tillman
- 3-star defensive tackle Kurott Garland
- 3-star wide receiver Joseph Norwood (reportedly, but not yet official)
The Vols were in the running for several others but just couldn’t reel them in. Here’s a list of everybody who was on Tennessee’s board yesterday morning and where they ended up.
If you want to risk it, we also have a Twitter timeline of just the guys who were on the board yesterday so you can see what they’re saying this morning.
If you haven’t yet watched the Vols’ National Signing Day event, you should. It’s not just an opportunity to hear more about the new guys in the Class of 2018, it’s an opportunity to get to know the almost entirely new coaching staff. You’ll be glad you did.
Jimmy Dykes mentions the phrase “1-seed” when asked about the Vols:
And VFL Josh Richardson had a career night:
A career night for @J_Rich1!
Richardson finished with 30 points, his highest total as a pro, tonight vs Houston. pic.twitter.com/m83kGSuqvP
— Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) February 8, 2018